General Pervez Musharraf


October 12, 1999

I have waited for this day for a while. All I can see is the current government being overthrown. The date is October 12th of 1999. The other high ranking officers and I have planned this very early. I, Pervez Musharraf, led a coup e’ tat against the prime minister of Pakistan. I believed that the current prime minister was corrupt and inept for running a country. I gladly sought the opportunity to lead a revolution as soon as the high ranking officials consulted me about this.
As I dismissed the prime minister Nawaz Sharif from his position I proclaimed myself the new prime minister of Pakistan. It all began in the commercial plane incident. As I heard the news that I have been replaced by some novice I quickly set foot on a plane and tried to get back to Pakistan as quickly as possible from my trip from Sri Lanka. On board was several of my comrades. They too were on my side for the coup e’ tat. As soon as were in the range of Karachi, the plane’s direction started to change. I asked the pilot why he changed his course. He answered with a quivering voice that the prime minster has directly ordered him to make the plane land somewhere else. I noticed that the fuel in the plane was almost at its brink of running out. I quickly persuaded him to still fly to the destination that we were planning to go. The generals and I were soon greeted with an overwhelming 15,000 troops. With this army we secured the airport as we headed toward the government building.
As time passed we caught that slimy and corrupted politician and put him on trial. As we put in on trial he had a look on his face as if he would come back from the dead and hunt us down one by one. However I laughed at this amusing thought when I heard that he is found guilty. I was relieved to see a man who would do anything to secure his spot in the government go far as to somehow “delay” the generals from coming and prepare for revolution. His sentence was quite simple. A life in prison. He was accused for hijacking, kidnapping, and also attempted murder. The last accusation sounded quite far fetched because after all the plane landed smoothly and we were in the capitol building waiting to arrest Nawaz in one piece safely. However in 2000 one of the government officials bailed him out from jail. It was no surprise to me however, he seemed to have been humiliated and quietly went into exile in Saudi Arabia. Since then I have never heard back from that corrupted man.